Skip to main content

Friendships!

 So when I was told about your death, I was in denial.  I spent the better part of the day trying to find out if what I was told was a big fat lie!  It wasn't - deep down deep I already knew that!  I walked up on your porch - didn't have to even see your family and I broke down.  You know me, sensitive as always! Anyways, Val, you and I met through a Sunday School classroom that neither of us really felt like we belonged.  But we made the most of it and we put together some really neat programs for our kiddos.  You were the first person I confided in about my divorce and my scare with breast cancer and my decision to undergo a crazy surgery.  You were always in my corner!  You also took me kayaking for the 1st time, so you had my heart then for sure! You shaped two young men who would offer to shovel out my driveway.  You sent your husband to help me with frozen pipes.  And Emmy, who has your heart!! 

We haven't seen each other in months and when I went to go get my 1st tattoo, I was so excited that I had to send you the design.  That was just last week.  So when I was told you died, I couldn't believe it.  I joked about Mama Val tonight, but you really were Mama Val.  Love you Lady!!! Thank you for being a great Friend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Check

What a month, and what a year!  There are so many good things happening, but a lot of changes too.  I, a Taurus to the core, hate change.  It's uncomfortable and I tend to drag my feet in the dirt the entire time!  It makes me stressed and emotional. But change is necessary!  Change is good! Not just for the mind but for the soul. After a year of changes, both good and sad, I have reached a self-check moment where I need to let go of my stubborn need to stay put in fear of said change.  I need to let go of the emotions and just take a moment to enjoy this next chapter.  The sad part is, sometimes that comes at a cost.  It means saying goodbye to some while saying hello to others.  It means learning to not be so ultra-independent.  It means learning what your traumas are and trying to heal. It means learning what you love and what makes you happy. It means taking a self-check moment to realize what is important and what you can put to rest.  It's hard, but it's important! Ta

A Journey to Self-Love

I am so proud of myself and the journey I am taking right now!   I am really learning the concept of self-love for the first time in my entire life.   I am looking in the mirror and I am happy with the woman I see looking back at me.   I am the most confident I have ever been, I feel strong, capable and so very happy.   It took me a very long time to find her, but now that I have I am not letting her go ever again.   I can’t change my past but I can certainly reflect back and see how it helped to shape me into the person I am today.   Every part of my past brought me to where I am now.   There were moments that almost broke me, years I spent settling because that’s what I was supposed to do, years of feeling numb and lost in life. Today, I am fighting for that woman!   She has a heart of gold and will try her best to be kind and smile at everyone no matter how she is feeling.   She is brave and she is no longer going to let the world or anyone in it bring her down, no matter what